Congo’s Ebola death toll has likely risen to 4, says WHO

A fourth person has likely died from Ebola in remote northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo during the most recent outbreak, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Sunday.

The overall number of cases is now at 37 from 29.

WHO’s Congo spokesman, Eugene Kabambi, told Reuters that of the 37 cases of hemorrhagic fever discovered since early May:

Two have been confirmed as Ebola.
Three, including the latest death, are considered probable.
Thirty-two are suspected.

The WHO confirmed the Ebola outbreak earlier this month, the first in the Democratic Republic of Congo since 2014.

Health authorities are monitoring 416 people who came into contact with sufferers and have dispatched mobile laboratories to the zone to more quickly test people who display symptoms, Kabambi said.

Source: Congo’s Ebola death toll has likely risen to 4, says WHO

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s